AMTEC is supported entirely by a National Science Foundation (NSF) Advanced Technology Education (ATE) Program Grant (0903193). The 5.5 million dollar five-year grant became effective September 15, 2009 and is entitled “AMTEC National Center for Excellence in Advanced Automobile Manufacturing”. For additional information on the National Science Foundation visit their website.
AMTEC began with a one year planning grant and a two-year NSF Project Grant whose purpose was to conduct a series of professional development academies on recognized successful programs, services, and methods currently in place at AMTEC partner colleges and companies.
For a more information about other funded National Science Foundation centers please visit NSF Funded Regional and National Centers.
NSF Funded Advanced Manufacturing Technology Centers
- 360° – Manufacturing and Applied Engineering ATE Regional Center of Excellence
- AMTEC – Automotive Manufacturing Technical Education Collaborative
- CA²VES – Center for Aviation and Automotive Technology Education using Virtual E-Schools
- CARCAM – Consortium for Alabama Regional Center for Automotive Manufacturing
- FLATE – Florida Advanced Technological Education Center of Excellence
- RCNGM – Regional Center for Next Generation Manufacturing
- Weld-Ed – National Center for Welding Education and Training
Advanced Manufacturing Technology Centers
- AMP – The Advanced Manufacturing and Prototype Center of East Tennessee
- FMA – Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International
- IFPS – International Fluid Power Society
- ISA – International Society of Automation
- MCCC– Manufacturing Careers & College Connect Program (Manufacturing Renaissance)
- MIPOGC – Manufacturing Improvement Program for the Oil and Gas Industry Supply Chain and Marketing Cluster
- M-S AMC – Multi-State Advanced Manufacturing Consortium
- MSI – Manufacturing Skills Institute
- MSSC – Manufacturing Skills Standards Council
- NIMS – The National Institute for Metalworking Skills, Inc.
- NIST – National Institute of Standards and Technology
- PMMI – Packaging Machinery Manufacturing Institute
- Skilled American Workers for America’s Recovery Program
- SME – Society of Manufacturing Engineers